Holidays inspire heartwarming thoughts of of food, family, friends, smiling faces and caroling. We look forward to those times to be with our loved ones, and for many, traveling is a big part of that experience.
Unfortunately car accidents tend to increase due to road conditions as a result of distractions, speeding, and aggressive driving. In this post, we’re covering some safe driving tips to consider during the holidays.
Safe Driving Tips For The Holidays
Though you may be excited to see family and friends during this holiday season, there are driving guidelines that you should adhere to in order to ensure that you arrive to your destination safely and without interruption.
- Make sure your maintenance is up to date on your vehicle, especially your tires and brakes.
- Make sure you have filled your gas tank before heading out on a long trip.
- Bring supplies that you may need in the case of an accident in a remote area. If you have small children be sure to pack snacks, games, and reading material to keep them busy during the drive. Restlessness in the backseat can potentially distract you on the road.
- Map out your route before getting on the road to determine whether you need to use an alternate route based on road conditions and holiday traffic.
- Have roadside assistance contact information available in case of an accident.
- With the rise of people using map features on their phone while driving, be sure to connect your cell phone to your radio if possible to avoid needing to glance at the screen. If possible, pass along this responsibility to your front passenger.
- Check the weather to make sure there are no unforeseen weather conditions.
- Make sure everyone in the car is buckled up.
- In case of an emergency, make sure there is a cell phone that is charged and available.
- Be patient with other drivers. Split seconds of road rage, and attempting to get revenge for a slight by another driver can lead to a collision.
Contact A San Diego Personal Injury Attorney
Making sure you arrive to your destination this holiday season is of the utmost importance not only for you but for your loved ones as well. There are things you can do to ensure that your holiday brings you complete joy and it starts with your travel.
If you are a loved one is involved in an auto accident during the holiday season, it is in your best interest to seek legal advice and representation from an experienced Car Accident Attorney at Green Law Group to help you with your case. Serving San Diego and surrounding cities in Southern California.